Monday, January 9, 2017

24 in 48 Readathon

From the site: We are 22 days from the start of the next 24in48 readathon! With the holidays, I postponed this sign-up post but I just can’t wait anymore. Mark your calendars for January 21 and 22, 2017, ready your book stacks, and prep your reading nests (yes, you do need that extra blanket).
If you’re new to 24in48, this is the basic gist: beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, participants read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period. You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, four hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six four-hour sessions with four hour breaks in between, whatever you’d like.
And that’s it. The format never changes but it’s always an adventure.
I just signed up for this readathon. Depending on my work schedule, I may not be able to read 24 hours, but I will do my best.  I'm hoping these readathons help me get back into reading as much as I used to.  i have thousands of books on my physical and kindle shelves, and I really need to get them down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment